Labels

Monday, January 18, 2010

Today I have off from work...Martin Luther day. I work as a school bus driver and since its a holiday , we have no school. Yep, I drive children to school . I gave up a very rewarding job as a research lab tech after 22 years to DRIVE A SCHOOL BUS !! I was burned out and needed a change, after buying a farm that needed a lot of work & taking the summer off, a friend suggested "Why dont you drive a school bus?" That way the hours will work, out so you work till 9 am and back @ 2pm the best of the day is yours and the money isnt that bad either. I thought Id never be able to do that, the driving part, no problem, the kids ... Im not so sure.
So I got the CDL license and 17 yrs later Im still at it !!! Once you get the hang of it , it can be the best rewarding job Ive ever done. I could write a book on some of the things that kids have done & said that Im sure Dad & Mom dont want the world to know...." I woke up and Daddy was in the bathroom and after he came out "he made a stinky". They often say funny things that catch you off guard like when Krystal ( a kindergartener) said to me " Miss Joyce..."Dont ya think this bus is too noisey? Cause its drivin me crazy, they need to use "inside" voices !"
Today I actually miss going into work , doesnt that sound sick ?

No comments:

Post a Comment